- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Blackhawks Skille, Dowell and Crawford at Jan. 17 IceHogs game
By Doug Halberstadt
The Rockford IceHogs will welcome back three former ’Hogs and current members of the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks Monday, Jan. 17, at the Rockford MetroCentre when they take on the San Antonio Rampage at 3:05 p.m. The special afternoon start time is because of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Fans will have an opportunity to meet or get reacquainted with Blackhawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell, along with goalie Corey Crawford. The players will be at the game signing autographs when the doors open from 2 to 2:45 p.m. and also during the first intermission of the game.
The ticket to the game does not guarantee an autograph from the players. Because of high demand, no pictures will be allowed with the players, but patrons can take photos while standing in line. Also, a strict one-item-per-person policy will be in effect to allow as many people as possible to meet with the Blackhawks stars.
Fans are encouraged to bring their ice skates as they can get on the MetroCentre ice following the game to skate with the IceHogs. Patrons without skates can go to the end zone area as well to get autographs and meet the IceHogs players.
The IceHogs will be hosting a silent auction during the game with proceeds benefiting the IceHogs Charitable Foundation and Blackhawks Charities. The Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bears, Rockford IceHogs and other organizations will be donating prizes for the event. For tickets to the game, call (815) 968-5222, visit icehogs.com or go to the MetroCentre Box Office.
For more information about Blackhawks Day, call (815) 986-6465.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue