- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 12-18, 2011
Bob Nieman of RE/MAX Property Source was awarded the Realtor Emeritus Award. The National Association of Realtors recognizes its members when they have provided real estate service to the real estate industry for 40 years. The Realtor Emeritus Award exemplifies and signifies prominence in the real estate industry. … AJ Kordash, Prudential Crosby Starck, was identified as the 2010 Outstanding Individual of the Year by the Rockford Area Realtors. This recognition is awarded by the past presidents of the association. The criteria for this honor are for the recipient to demonstrate a high level of commitment in moving the association forward as set forth by the association’s strategic plan and to play a significant role in association and community involvement. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Voting was held at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue