- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 12-18, 2011
Bob Nieman of RE/MAX Property Source was awarded the Realtor Emeritus Award. The National Association of Realtors recognizes its members when they have provided real estate service to the real estate industry for 40 years. The Realtor Emeritus Award exemplifies and signifies prominence in the real estate industry. … AJ Kordash, Prudential Crosby Starck, was identified as the 2010 Outstanding Individual of the Year by the Rockford Area Realtors. This recognition is awarded by the past presidents of the association. The criteria for this honor are for the recipient to demonstrate a high level of commitment in moving the association forward as set forth by the association’s strategic plan and to play a significant role in association and community involvement. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Voting was held at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue