- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Rockford Network of Professional Women conduct Scholarship Search
From press release
The Scholarship Committee of the Rockford Network of Professional Women (RNPW) will kick off the 2011 Scholarship Search from 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday, Jan. 17, at the luncheon meeting at Forest Hills Country Club, 5135 Forest Hills Road.
RNPW will offer a $2,500 education scholarship this spring to a qualified woman who wishes to enrich her professional life.
Scholarships are open to RNPW members or non-members at least 23 years of age living in the greater Rockford area. The scholarship may be used in a degreed program at an accredited institution.
An application form is available on the RNPW website, www.rockfordnetwork.biz, along with more application information. For more information, contact Scholarship Chairman Jan Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 262-9497.
Luncheon reservations may be made on the website with payment via PayPal or credit card or by calling (815) 977-7477.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue