- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Students showcase talent at Creative and Performing Arts auditions
From press release
Students interested in pursuing an education that focuses on the arts, as well as academics, are invited to audition for seats in the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) program for the 2011-2012 school year.
CAPA prepares students for the competitive world of the arts and gives them an opportunity to hone their skills in the areas of art, dance, music and theater. The performing arts program, which provides exposure to fine arts experiences from a variety of periods, styles, forms and cultures, is housed at Ellis Arts Academy and Auburn High School.
Auditions—for students entering sixth through 11th grades—will be from 4 to 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 4, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 5. Music auditions will be Feb. 5 and from 4 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 3.
To reserve an audition time or for more information, contact Julie Palkowski at (815) 720-4856 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Jan. 26. Messages should include student and parent name, contact information, and current grade and school.
Students will be contacted the week of auditions with the time, date and location of their auditions.
Prospective students must prepare a selection in the art form they would like to study, provide two letters of recommendation: one from their parents and another from a teacher or community member familiar with their talent.
Audition details and application packets are available on the CAPA webpage: http://www2.rps205.com/Parents/Academics/Curriculum/FineArts/Pages/CAPA.aspx. Hard copies will also be available at Rockford schools.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue