- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
Students showcase talent at Creative and Performing Arts auditions
From press release
Students interested in pursuing an education that focuses on the arts, as well as academics, are invited to audition for seats in the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) program for the 2011-2012 school year.
CAPA prepares students for the competitive world of the arts and gives them an opportunity to hone their skills in the areas of art, dance, music and theater. The performing arts program, which provides exposure to fine arts experiences from a variety of periods, styles, forms and cultures, is housed at Ellis Arts Academy and Auburn High School.
Auditions—for students entering sixth through 11th grades—will be from 4 to 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 4, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 5. Music auditions will be Feb. 5 and from 4 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 3.
To reserve an audition time or for more information, contact Julie Palkowski at (815) 720-4856 or email@example.com by Wednesday, Jan. 26. Messages should include student and parent name, contact information, and current grade and school.
Students will be contacted the week of auditions with the time, date and location of their auditions.
Prospective students must prepare a selection in the art form they would like to study, provide two letters of recommendation: one from their parents and another from a teacher or community member familiar with their talent.
Audition details and application packets are available on the CAPA webpage: http://www2.rps205.com/Parents/Academics/Curriculum/FineArts/Pages/CAPA.aspx. Hard copies will also be available at Rockford schools.
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue