- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
To the Editor: Thanks to Santa Senior helpers
The Rockford Home Instead Senior Care office heartily thanks our partners for the 2010 “Be a Santa to a Senior” program. With the help of NIAAA, the Northern Illinois Area Agency on Aging, ASTA Care Center, Pilgrim Baptist Church, Saint Elizabeth Center and individual calls from people in the community, Home Instead received over 200 needy seniors’ names to place on the tree.
We especially thank the East State Street Kmart for providing precious space for our tree and to their continuing commitment to the seniors in our community. We also thank the volunteers who spent a day wrapping a mountain of items. Most of all, we thank those anonymous individuals who saw the tree while shopping or heard about the program on WREX or WTVO news stories and became a “Santa to a Senior” by providing a gift. Their generosity was touching and amazing.
The recognition of this program’s value by our partners and those who purchased an item (oftentimes several!) gave so much more than a gift. They brought a feeling of connectedness and importance to more than 200 seniors who would be overlooked or isolated this holiday. Without their help and support, “Be a Santa to a Senior” would not take place.
From all of us at Home Instead, thank you.
Client Services Representative
Rockford Home Instead Senior Care
From the Jan. 12-18, 2011 issue