- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Beloit Civic Theatre stages Cliffhanger Jan. 27-29, Feb. 3-5
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—Beloit Civic Theatre (BCT) continues their “season to die for” by producing another murder mystery for their winter show.
Audiences should be prepared for some clever plot twists and turns as they witness a murder, a cover-up, a number of conniving characters, and an unexpected ending.
A college professor is hoping for a promotion prior to his retirement. His department chairman denies it, and in a fit of sudden rage, he hits her over the head with a bust of Socrates. He and his wife then try to dispose of the body, and the plot thickens.
Cliffhanger will be directed by BCT board member Doris Tropp, who previously directed Camelot for BCT. Tropp has acted in numerous productions for BCT, and works on building scenery and creating the set decor for all of BCT’s productions.
Kathleen Carnine will be acting as the production stage manager. Cast members include: Donna Balsley, Jay Goodwin, Lisa Scholten, Robert Anthony and Forrest Dassow.
Performances are scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 3-5. Additionally, 3 p.m. matinees will be offered Saturdays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors 60 and older. All performances are held in the Elizabeth Reinholz Theatre in the Beloit Memorial High School building at Fourth and Middle streets in Beloit, Wis.
Telephone reservations will be taken beginning Monday, Jan. 24, for Cliffhanger. The box office phone is open from noon-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday of both production weeks. Call (608) 362-1595. Theatergoers may also visit the BCT website any time at www.beloitcivictheatre.org/bctrsvmail.html to make an online reservation. The ticket order will be confirmed by phone or e-mail.