- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Beloit Civic Theatre stages Cliffhanger Jan. 27-29, Feb. 3-5
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—Beloit Civic Theatre (BCT) continues their “season to die for” by producing another murder mystery for their winter show.
Audiences should be prepared for some clever plot twists and turns as they witness a murder, a cover-up, a number of conniving characters, and an unexpected ending.
A college professor is hoping for a promotion prior to his retirement. His department chairman denies it, and in a fit of sudden rage, he hits her over the head with a bust of Socrates. He and his wife then try to dispose of the body, and the plot thickens.
Cliffhanger will be directed by BCT board member Doris Tropp, who previously directed Camelot for BCT. Tropp has acted in numerous productions for BCT, and works on building scenery and creating the set decor for all of BCT’s productions.
Kathleen Carnine will be acting as the production stage manager. Cast members include: Donna Balsley, Jay Goodwin, Lisa Scholten, Robert Anthony and Forrest Dassow.
Performances are scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 3-5. Additionally, 3 p.m. matinees will be offered Saturdays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors 60 and older. All performances are held in the Elizabeth Reinholz Theatre in the Beloit Memorial High School building at Fourth and Middle streets in Beloit, Wis.
Telephone reservations will be taken beginning Monday, Jan. 24, for Cliffhanger. The box office phone is open from noon-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday of both production weeks. Call (608) 362-1595. Theatergoers may also visit the BCT website any time at www.beloitcivictheatre.org/bctrsvmail.html to make an online reservation. The ticket order will be confirmed by phone or e-mail.