- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 19-25, 2011
New and continuing leaders of the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center medical staff were named during the December staff meeting. Dr. Robin Borchardt of the Emergency Department begins a two-year term as president of the medical staff, Dr. Joseph Stewart of OB/GYN Associates was named first vice president of staff, and Dr. Mark Barba of Rockford Orthopedic Associates is second vice president. Dr. John Szewczyk of Rockford Anesthesiologists Associates was named chairman of surgery service, and Dr. Andreas Fischer of Orthopedic and Arthritis Clinic is vice chairman. Dr. Mark Hiser of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates is chairman of medicine services, and Dr. Steven DiSanti of family medicine in Loves Park was named vice chairman. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Votes were tabulated at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.