- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 19-25, 2011
New and continuing leaders of the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center medical staff were named during the December staff meeting. Dr. Robin Borchardt of the Emergency Department begins a two-year term as president of the medical staff, Dr. Joseph Stewart of OB/GYN Associates was named first vice president of staff, and Dr. Mark Barba of Rockford Orthopedic Associates is second vice president. Dr. John Szewczyk of Rockford Anesthesiologists Associates was named chairman of surgery service, and Dr. Andreas Fischer of Orthopedic and Arthritis Clinic is vice chairman. Dr. Mark Hiser of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates is chairman of medicine services, and Dr. Steven DiSanti of family medicine in Loves Park was named vice chairman. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Votes were tabulated at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.