- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 19-25, 2011
New and continuing leaders of the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center medical staff were named during the December staff meeting. Dr. Robin Borchardt of the Emergency Department begins a two-year term as president of the medical staff, Dr. Joseph Stewart of OB/GYN Associates was named first vice president of staff, and Dr. Mark Barba of Rockford Orthopedic Associates is second vice president. Dr. John Szewczyk of Rockford Anesthesiologists Associates was named chairman of surgery service, and Dr. Andreas Fischer of Orthopedic and Arthritis Clinic is vice chairman. Dr. Mark Hiser of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates is chairman of medicine services, and Dr. Steven DiSanti of family medicine in Loves Park was named vice chairman. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Votes were tabulated at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.