- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Community news and notes: Week of Jan. 19-25, 2011
New and continuing leaders of the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center medical staff were named during the December staff meeting. Dr. Robin Borchardt of the Emergency Department begins a two-year term as president of the medical staff, Dr. Joseph Stewart of OB/GYN Associates was named first vice president of staff, and Dr. Mark Barba of Rockford Orthopedic Associates is second vice president. Dr. John Szewczyk of Rockford Anesthesiologists Associates was named chairman of surgery service, and Dr. Andreas Fischer of Orthopedic and Arthritis Clinic is vice chairman. Dr. Mark Hiser of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates is chairman of medicine services, and Dr. Steven DiSanti of family medicine in Loves Park was named vice chairman. … Michael Letsinger, vice president of Pearson, was elected president of the Northern Illinois Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Association for 2011-12. Votes were tabulated at the group’s December meeting. The Northern Illinois PHCC is part of the nationwide Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, which promotes, advances and educates the industry for the protection of the environment and the health, safety and comfort of society.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.