- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Finalists named in RSO Star competition
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the following individuals are finalists in the “RSO Star: Who Will It Be?” competition: James Johnson, Jordan Knapick, Jeremy Lewis, Caitlin Ludwig, Tom Milone, Emily Rogers, Curly Thompson and Michael Warren.
Online voters cast 22,500 votes to select the finalists, who will take center stage with the RSO to perform live at the March 12 Pops concert. That night, the audience will vote to determine who will become the RSO Star. The winner will be the featured performer with the orchestra during the RSO’s Independence Day Spectacular in July and will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
The RSO Star competition gives local amateur musicians the opportunity to perform at the Coronado Performing Arts Center with the RSO. Following auditions in September 2010, 13 semi-finalists were selected and then narrowed to eight finalists after a public vote on the RSO website.