- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Finalists named in RSO Star competition
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the following individuals are finalists in the “RSO Star: Who Will It Be?” competition: James Johnson, Jordan Knapick, Jeremy Lewis, Caitlin Ludwig, Tom Milone, Emily Rogers, Curly Thompson and Michael Warren.
Online voters cast 22,500 votes to select the finalists, who will take center stage with the RSO to perform live at the March 12 Pops concert. That night, the audience will vote to determine who will become the RSO Star. The winner will be the featured performer with the orchestra during the RSO’s Independence Day Spectacular in July and will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
The RSO Star competition gives local amateur musicians the opportunity to perform at the Coronado Performing Arts Center with the RSO. Following auditions in September 2010, 13 semi-finalists were selected and then narrowed to eight finalists after a public vote on the RSO website.