- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Finalists named in RSO Star competition
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) has announced the following individuals are finalists in the “RSO Star: Who Will It Be?” competition: James Johnson, Jordan Knapick, Jeremy Lewis, Caitlin Ludwig, Tom Milone, Emily Rogers, Curly Thompson and Michael Warren.
Online voters cast 22,500 votes to select the finalists, who will take center stage with the RSO to perform live at the March 12 Pops concert. That night, the audience will vote to determine who will become the RSO Star. The winner will be the featured performer with the orchestra during the RSO’s Independence Day Spectacular in July and will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
The RSO Star competition gives local amateur musicians the opportunity to perform at the Coronado Performing Arts Center with the RSO. Following auditions in September 2010, 13 semi-finalists were selected and then narrowed to eight finalists after a public vote on the RSO website.