- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Scam attempt targets Lifescape clients
From press release
Lifescape Comunity Services has been alerted that its name is being used in an attempt to scam Meals on Wheels clients. According to family members in Ogle County, a man is telephoning clients and demanding immediate payment for the service.
As a matter of policy, Lifescape Comunity Services does not contact clients by telephone asking for payment. Meals on Wheels is by donation only, and all clients are mailed information about the service. Meals on Wheels is an important lifeline for many older adults, and any attempt to harass or frighten clients into paying not only harms the credibility of the program but may prove detrimental to the client as well.
If any Meals on Wheels clients are contacted by anyone demanding payment for this service, they are urged to contact the local police department and report this activity.
If you have any information about this activity or have questions, contact Tom Mellinger at (815) 963-1609.