- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Scam attempt targets Lifescape clients
From press release
Lifescape Comunity Services has been alerted that its name is being used in an attempt to scam Meals on Wheels clients. According to family members in Ogle County, a man is telephoning clients and demanding immediate payment for the service.
As a matter of policy, Lifescape Comunity Services does not contact clients by telephone asking for payment. Meals on Wheels is by donation only, and all clients are mailed information about the service. Meals on Wheels is an important lifeline for many older adults, and any attempt to harass or frighten clients into paying not only harms the credibility of the program but may prove detrimental to the client as well.
If any Meals on Wheels clients are contacted by anyone demanding payment for this service, they are urged to contact the local police department and report this activity.
If you have any information about this activity or have questions, contact Tom Mellinger at (815) 963-1609.