- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Scam attempt targets Lifescape clients
From press release
Lifescape Comunity Services has been alerted that its name is being used in an attempt to scam Meals on Wheels clients. According to family members in Ogle County, a man is telephoning clients and demanding immediate payment for the service.
As a matter of policy, Lifescape Comunity Services does not contact clients by telephone asking for payment. Meals on Wheels is by donation only, and all clients are mailed information about the service. Meals on Wheels is an important lifeline for many older adults, and any attempt to harass or frighten clients into paying not only harms the credibility of the program but may prove detrimental to the client as well.
If any Meals on Wheels clients are contacted by anyone demanding payment for this service, they are urged to contact the local police department and report this activity.
If you have any information about this activity or have questions, contact Tom Mellinger at (815) 963-1609.