- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District 70th Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon Jan. 28
From press release
Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) is an organization that promotes the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related resources.
Friday, Jan. 28, the SWCD will host its 70th Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon at the Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden at 2715 S. Main St. in Rockford. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with lunch served at noon catered by “A Better Choice Catering”—ABC Catering, Ltd. Following the meal, a short meeting will be held with an election of two directors as well as an awards ceremony. The past year’s accomplishments will be highlighted, and SWCD will recognize and present awards to deserving groups or individuals.
A silent auction will be held to help raise funds to support the Northeastern Illinois Envirothon. The district is a co-sponsor of the Envirothon Competition, where teams from local high schools test their knowledge in five categories: soils, aquatics, forestry, wildlife and a current environmental issue that changes every year.
Tickets are $12 and can be purchased from SWCD directors at the SWCD office at 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford or purchased the day of the meeting, by calling and reserving your place by Thursday, Jan. 20. For more information, call (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.