- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
AARP tax assistance being offered at Lifescape Community Services
From press release
Lifescape will again be offering tax filing assistance to seniors 60 and older, thanks to the volunteerism of AARP tax preparers. Appointments can be made by calling Lifescape at (815) 963-1609. All appointments will be held at Lifescape Community Services, 715 Kilburn Ave., Rockford, Ill.
Among other things, the tax preparers will be able to help seniors with the Credit for the Elderly or Disabled. To receive this credit, seniors must be using either Form 1040 or Form 1040A. It’s important to apply for this credit if you qualify.
Seniors are able to take this credit if:
→ They and/or their spouse are 65 or older
→ They are under 65 and are permanently and totally disabled
Their income is—$20,000 married filing jointly, and one qualifies; $20,000 married filing jointly, and both qualify; $12,500 married filing separately and lived apart for the entire year.
There are other financial qualifications. If you have questions or wish to make an appointment, call Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Appointments begin Feb. 8.