- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
AARP tax assistance being offered at Lifescape Community Services
From press release
Lifescape will again be offering tax filing assistance to seniors 60 and older, thanks to the volunteerism of AARP tax preparers. Appointments can be made by calling Lifescape at (815) 963-1609. All appointments will be held at Lifescape Community Services, 715 Kilburn Ave., Rockford, Ill.
Among other things, the tax preparers will be able to help seniors with the Credit for the Elderly or Disabled. To receive this credit, seniors must be using either Form 1040 or Form 1040A. It’s important to apply for this credit if you qualify.
Seniors are able to take this credit if:
→ They and/or their spouse are 65 or older
→ They are under 65 and are permanently and totally disabled
Their income is—$20,000 married filing jointly, and one qualifies; $20,000 married filing jointly, and both qualify; $12,500 married filing separately and lived apart for the entire year.
There are other financial qualifications. If you have questions or wish to make an appointment, call Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Appointments begin Feb. 8.