- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
AARP tax assistance being offered at Lifescape Community Services
From press release
Lifescape will again be offering tax filing assistance to seniors 60 and older, thanks to the volunteerism of AARP tax preparers. Appointments can be made by calling Lifescape at (815) 963-1609. All appointments will be held at Lifescape Community Services, 715 Kilburn Ave., Rockford, Ill.
Among other things, the tax preparers will be able to help seniors with the Credit for the Elderly or Disabled. To receive this credit, seniors must be using either Form 1040 or Form 1040A. It’s important to apply for this credit if you qualify.
Seniors are able to take this credit if:
→ They and/or their spouse are 65 or older
→ They are under 65 and are permanently and totally disabled
Their income is—$20,000 married filing jointly, and one qualifies; $20,000 married filing jointly, and both qualify; $12,500 married filing separately and lived apart for the entire year.
There are other financial qualifications. If you have questions or wish to make an appointment, call Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Appointments begin Feb. 8.