- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Corky Siegel & Randy Sabien at Mendelssohn Feb. 5
From press release
Two favorite performers team up for Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts as Corky Siegel and Randy Sabien combine their talents at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 5, at Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. It’s a “Bluesadelic-Jazzalicious” event!
What happens when you combine blues legend Corky Siegel on harmonica and piano with jazz violinist and multi-instrumentalist Randy Sabien for one evening of improvisational magic? They call it “Blowing and Bowing.” Charlotte’s Web calls it a don’t-miss-it bluesadelic-jazzalicious opportunity.
The first time these artists were on the Web stage together in November 2004, there wasn’t an empty seat in the room. The second time was in October 2006; they put extra chairs on the stage, and the audience filled those as well. The Web’s Lani Richardson recalls roaring applause and spontaneous mid-song standing ovations from these previous performances, so this will be another event not to be missed!
A special exhibit from the Sinnissippi Quilters’ Guild will be gracing the walls of the Mendelssohn PAC for this performance.
Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. New outlet: Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis. (608) 207-3101; or by mail: send a check and SASE to 306 Theodore St., Loves Park, IL 61111. Please indicate artist or performance date on check. Credit card payment accepted only at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. There is a $1 per ticket processing fee included. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.