- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Deadline Feb. 10 for Youth Charity Jam competitors
From press release
RAMI(Rockford Area Music Industry) is looking for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 26, for the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 26. The first-place winner will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony in April.
The second-place winner will receive $200 and third place $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
An application must be received by Feb. 10 and can be found at ramiawards.com. For more information, call (815) 546-3021, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.