- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Deadline Feb. 10 for Youth Charity Jam competitors
From press release
RAMI(Rockford Area Music Industry) is looking for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 26, for the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 26. The first-place winner will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony in April.
The second-place winner will receive $200 and third place $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
An application must be received by Feb. 10 and can be found at ramiawards.com. For more information, call (815) 546-3021, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.