- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Deadline Feb. 10 for Youth Charity Jam competitors
From press release
RAMI(Rockford Area Music Industry) is looking for teen-aged bands to audition Saturday, Feb. 26, for the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. At least two-thirds of the band members must be 19 years of age or younger and attending high school in Winnebago, Boone, Ogle or Stephenson counties.
The top seven bands will advance to the 2011 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Saturday, March 26. The first-place winner will receive $250, recording time from Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony in April.
The second-place winner will receive $200 and third place $150. The band selling the most advance tickets to the event will receive $100.
An application must be received by Feb. 10 and can be found at ramiawards.com. For more information, call (815) 546-3021, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.