- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Earth Day Awards nomination deadline March 4
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) is seeking nominations for its annual Earth Day Awards. Three unique Fern Leaf Re-Awards made from recycled glass will be presented in the following categories: Outstanding Corporate Friend of the Environment, Outstanding Individual Friend of the Environment and the Hutchcroft Environmental Youth Award.
The last award is named in honor of long-time KNIB volunteer, board member and past president Dr. Alan Hutchcroft.
Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB, said: “This is our fourth annual event. Each year, we are pleased to see so many local businesses and people nominated for their dedication to our environment.”
In addition to the award presentation, guest speaker Steve Thomas of This Old House and Renovation Nation will answer the question, “What Does it Mean to Build Green?”
The fourth Annual Earth Day Awards luncheon is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Thursday, April 7, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Nomination forms detailing the individual award requirements can be obtained by visiting KNIB’s website at knib.org or at their office, 5417 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill. The completed forms must be returned to KNIB by 3 p.m., Friday, March 4.
“Last year, the award winners were Anderson Packaging, Rock Valley College Professor Joe Haverly and Sarah Gessner,” Gummow added.
For more information about the Earth Day Awards Luncheon, visit knib.org or call KNIB at (815) 637-1343.