- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Earth Day Awards nomination deadline March 4
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) is seeking nominations for its annual Earth Day Awards. Three unique Fern Leaf Re-Awards made from recycled glass will be presented in the following categories: Outstanding Corporate Friend of the Environment, Outstanding Individual Friend of the Environment and the Hutchcroft Environmental Youth Award.
The last award is named in honor of long-time KNIB volunteer, board member and past president Dr. Alan Hutchcroft.
Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB, said: “This is our fourth annual event. Each year, we are pleased to see so many local businesses and people nominated for their dedication to our environment.”
In addition to the award presentation, guest speaker Steve Thomas of This Old House and Renovation Nation will answer the question, “What Does it Mean to Build Green?”
The fourth Annual Earth Day Awards luncheon is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Thursday, April 7, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Nomination forms detailing the individual award requirements can be obtained by visiting KNIB’s website at knib.org or at their office, 5417 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill. The completed forms must be returned to KNIB by 3 p.m., Friday, March 4.
“Last year, the award winners were Anderson Packaging, Rock Valley College Professor Joe Haverly and Sarah Gessner,” Gummow added.
For more information about the Earth Day Awards Luncheon, visit knib.org or call KNIB at (815) 637-1343.