- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Get carried away to the Caribbean at Discovery Center Jan. 30
From press release
Dig out that beach attire and get carried away to the Caribbean as Discovery Center Museum gets tropical from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 30.
Wear your loudest shirt and put a flower behind your ear. Take in the flora, fauna, geography, music, culture and cuisine of these paradise islands. Witness a volcanic eruption, romp through a simulated lava pit, and get your hands on real volcanic rocks. Create a reef environment, hunt for seashells in the tidepool, island, hop on a giant Caribbean map, and more. Meet shark diver Thomas Sergent and check out scuba equipment as he shares his underwater photos.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center—$7 for adults, $7 for children ages 2-17 and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.