- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Get carried away to the Caribbean at Discovery Center Jan. 30
From press release
Dig out that beach attire and get carried away to the Caribbean as Discovery Center Museum gets tropical from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 30.
Wear your loudest shirt and put a flower behind your ear. Take in the flora, fauna, geography, music, culture and cuisine of these paradise islands. Witness a volcanic eruption, romp through a simulated lava pit, and get your hands on real volcanic rocks. Create a reef environment, hunt for seashells in the tidepool, island, hop on a giant Caribbean map, and more. Meet shark diver Thomas Sergent and check out scuba equipment as he shares his underwater photos.
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center—$7 for adults, $7 for children ages 2-17 and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org.