- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
J.L. Clark to host employee donation drive for Goodwill
From press release
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is teaming up with J.L. Clark employees from Jan. 24-Feb. 7 to collect clothing and other gently-used items. Revenue from the sale of these items will help fund Goodwill’s mission of providing jobs, training, and placement services for people with barriers in the community. The donations also reflect J.L. Clark’s commitment to helping keep the community green. Donations to Goodwill are recycled and repurposed instead of going straight to the area’s landfills.
“Goodwill is thrilled to have J.L. Clark participate in the donation drive,” said Goodwill President Samuel Schmitz. “The J.L. Clark employee donations will help provide individuals with the opportunity to experience the dignity to work through Goodwill’s employment programs.”
If your company is interested in hosting a Goodwill Corporate Donation Drive, contact Shannon Halverson at (815) 987-6237.