- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Junior League hosts wine and beer tasting fund-raiser Feb. 4
From press release
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc. (JLR) will host a wine and beer tasting fund-raiser from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 4, at Artale Wine Company, 6876 Spring Creek Road in Rockford. Participants will have a chance to sample 30 wines and 10 beers, and appetizers will be provided by Josef. Admission is $15 at the door on the day of the event.
Proceeds from this event will support JLR projects and programs, including their current project RAISE (Reaching And Inspiring Students for Education), a one-on-one mentoring program aimed at increasing access to and success in post-secondary education for financially-disadvantaged, under-represented and first-generation college students from the Rockford Public School System.
A new member open house for anyone interested in joining the Junior League of Rockford is being held prior to the event, from 5 to 6 p.m., in the private dining room at Pearl. Contact the Junior League of Rockford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 399-4518.