- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
Junior League hosts wine and beer tasting fund-raiser Feb. 4
From press release
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc. (JLR) will host a wine and beer tasting fund-raiser from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 4, at Artale Wine Company, 6876 Spring Creek Road in Rockford. Participants will have a chance to sample 30 wines and 10 beers, and appetizers will be provided by Josef. Admission is $15 at the door on the day of the event.
Proceeds from this event will support JLR projects and programs, including their current project RAISE (Reaching And Inspiring Students for Education), a one-on-one mentoring program aimed at increasing access to and success in post-secondary education for financially-disadvantaged, under-represented and first-generation college students from the Rockford Public School System.
A new member open house for anyone interested in joining the Junior League of Rockford is being held prior to the event, from 5 to 6 p.m., in the private dining room at Pearl. Contact the Junior League of Rockford at email@example.com or call (815) 399-4518.