- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Lifescape accepts Illinois Cares Rx & Circuit Breaker signups
From press release
It’s time to reapply for the Circuit Breaker and Illinois Cares Rx Program. Even if you have applied in the past, seniors 65 and older must reapply in order to participate. The program can help pay for prescriptions, offer a possible cash grant for property tax and rent relief and provides a discount for your vehicle license plate sticker.
In order to take part in the Circuit Breaker and Illinois Cares Rx Program, applicants must be 65 and older or 16 and older and disabled. The 2010 household income must be less than $27,160 for a single or less than $36,635 for a married couple. Assets are not factored into income.
Lifescape Community Services can help applicants file the necessary papers in order to participate in the program. To schedule an appointment or to answer any questions, call Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Caseworkers are also providing visits to homebound individuals.