- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Literary Hook: Womanspace seeks submissions for Red Tent Anthology
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like the women in our community to know about a writing opportunity.
Womanspace is taking submissions for an anthology on life transitions. The reading period is Jan. 1-March 1, to be read by the editorial board as they are submitted. This collection, The Red Tent Anthology, will be held in conjunction with Red Tent events, which will be scheduled the third week in June. The complete call for manuscripts can be viewed at the Womanspace website under Red Tent Anthology at the bottom of the right column, at womanspace-rockford.org. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at the national Red Tent Women’s Project, see redtentwomensproject.org. Check it out!
Christine Swanberg is a local author.