- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Literary Hook: Womanspace seeks submissions for Red Tent Anthology
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like the women in our community to know about a writing opportunity.
Womanspace is taking submissions for an anthology on life transitions. The reading period is Jan. 1-March 1, to be read by the editorial board as they are submitted. This collection, The Red Tent Anthology, will be held in conjunction with Red Tent events, which will be scheduled the third week in June. The complete call for manuscripts can be viewed at the Womanspace website under Red Tent Anthology at the bottom of the right column, at womanspace-rockford.org. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at the national Red Tent Women’s Project, see redtentwomensproject.org. Check it out!
Christine Swanberg is a local author.