- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
Literary Hook: Womanspace seeks submissions for Red Tent Anthology
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like the women in our community to know about a writing opportunity.
Womanspace is taking submissions for an anthology on life transitions. The reading period is Jan. 1-March 1, to be read by the editorial board as they are submitted. This collection, The Red Tent Anthology, will be held in conjunction with Red Tent events, which will be scheduled the third week in June. The complete call for manuscripts can be viewed at the Womanspace website under Red Tent Anthology at the bottom of the right column, at womanspace-rockford.org. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at the national Red Tent Women’s Project, see redtentwomensproject.org. Check it out!
Christine Swanberg is a local author.