- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Literary Hook: Womanspace seeks submissions for Red Tent Anthology
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like the women in our community to know about a writing opportunity.
Womanspace is taking submissions for an anthology on life transitions. The reading period is Jan. 1-March 1, to be read by the editorial board as they are submitted. This collection, The Red Tent Anthology, will be held in conjunction with Red Tent events, which will be scheduled the third week in June. The complete call for manuscripts can be viewed at the Womanspace website under Red Tent Anthology at the bottom of the right column, at womanspace-rockford.org. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at the national Red Tent Women’s Project, see redtentwomensproject.org. Check it out!
Christine Swanberg is a local author.