- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Literary Hook: Womanspace seeks submissions for Red Tent Anthology
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I would like the women in our community to know about a writing opportunity.
Womanspace is taking submissions for an anthology on life transitions. The reading period is Jan. 1-March 1, to be read by the editorial board as they are submitted. This collection, The Red Tent Anthology, will be held in conjunction with Red Tent events, which will be scheduled the third week in June. The complete call for manuscripts can be viewed at the Womanspace website under Red Tent Anthology at the bottom of the right column, at womanspace-rockford.org. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at the national Red Tent Women’s Project, see redtentwomensproject.org. Check it out!
Christine Swanberg is a local author.