- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Rockford Park District offers free golf lessons
From press release
Sessions are filling quickly for Rockford Park District’s free 25-minute indoor golf lessons for youth and accompanying adults. Think Golf Tune-Up School sessions are one of many free programs and activities offered by the Park District sessions are geared for youth ages 10-17, and adults when registering with a child. The one-session lessons are held Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons Feb. 9 through March 19 in Rockford College’s Seaver Gym, with instruction by PGA members and apprentices. Registration is limited to two sessions per person; participants must be residents of Boone or Winnebago counties, and need to bring a 7-iron and tennis shoes to class (7-irons will be provided if needed). Each class is limited to four golfers, and early registration is encouraged. Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location, downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. Registration will close as classes reach capacity. A schedule of all sessions as well as a registration form are included in the Winter/Spring 2011 Youth Guide on the Park District website, available at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800. For information on support or adapted lessons for golfers with disabilities with special needs, call (815) 987-8800.