- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford Park District offers free golf lessons
From press release
Sessions are filling quickly for Rockford Park District’s free 25-minute indoor golf lessons for youth and accompanying adults. Think Golf Tune-Up School sessions are one of many free programs and activities offered by the Park District sessions are geared for youth ages 10-17, and adults when registering with a child. The one-session lessons are held Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons Feb. 9 through March 19 in Rockford College’s Seaver Gym, with instruction by PGA members and apprentices. Registration is limited to two sessions per person; participants must be residents of Boone or Winnebago counties, and need to bring a 7-iron and tennis shoes to class (7-irons will be provided if needed). Each class is limited to four golfers, and early registration is encouraged. Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location, downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park. Registration will close as classes reach capacity. A schedule of all sessions as well as a registration form are included in the Winter/Spring 2011 Youth Guide on the Park District website, available at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800. For information on support or adapted lessons for golfers with disabilities with special needs, call (815) 987-8800.