- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
To the Editor: Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success
Let me express my appreciation to all the individuals who made the 9th year of Harlem Township Toys for Kids a success. This is a record year with 280 children from 152 families receiving toys. Special thanks must go to the students, staff and administrators of the Harlem School District. Without their participation, this program could not exist.
Because of all the parties’ participation, many needy children in the Harlem Township and Harlem School District were insured a bright Christmas.
Thank you to all who participated!
Coordinator of the Harlem Township Toys for Kids
Machesney Park, Ill.