- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 2-8, 2011
Miracle Mile Rockford recently announced its board of directors for 2011. The new board of directors includes Tom Baudhuin, president; John Mecklenburg, vice president; Scott Hendee, second vice president; Paula Olson, secretary/treasurer; John Sommer, member; Ron Billy, member; Bryan Suh, member; Frank Beach, ex-officio member; and Peter Roche, past president. Miracle Mile Rockford is a growing group of business owners, managers, employees and residents who have been working together to revitalize the neighborhood that centers on East State Street from SwedishAmerican Hospital to Rockford College, north to Highcrest Road and south to Charles Street. … David White, financial adviser at Blackhawk Investment Group, an independent firm offering securities exclusively through Raymond James Financial Services Inc., was named a Rising Star in recognition of personal accomplishments in 2010. The award is presented to those who have been with the firm at least two full fiscal year periods and recognizes advisers who have achieved exceptional growth. … Shannen Falconer, of Winnebago, was named to the Indiana State University (ISU) Dean’s List for the fall 2010 semester. Falconer, a 2007 graduate of Winnebago High School, is an athletic training major at ISU. To be eligible for the Dean’s List at ISU, students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.