- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 2-8, 2011
Miracle Mile Rockford recently announced its board of directors for 2011. The new board of directors includes Tom Baudhuin, president; John Mecklenburg, vice president; Scott Hendee, second vice president; Paula Olson, secretary/treasurer; John Sommer, member; Ron Billy, member; Bryan Suh, member; Frank Beach, ex-officio member; and Peter Roche, past president. Miracle Mile Rockford is a growing group of business owners, managers, employees and residents who have been working together to revitalize the neighborhood that centers on East State Street from SwedishAmerican Hospital to Rockford College, north to Highcrest Road and south to Charles Street. … David White, financial adviser at Blackhawk Investment Group, an independent firm offering securities exclusively through Raymond James Financial Services Inc., was named a Rising Star in recognition of personal accomplishments in 2010. The award is presented to those who have been with the firm at least two full fiscal year periods and recognizes advisers who have achieved exceptional growth. … Shannen Falconer, of Winnebago, was named to the Indiana State University (ISU) Dean’s List for the fall 2010 semester. Falconer, a 2007 graduate of Winnebago High School, is an athletic training major at ISU. To be eligible for the Dean’s List at ISU, students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.