- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 2-8, 2011
Miracle Mile Rockford recently announced its board of directors for 2011. The new board of directors includes Tom Baudhuin, president; John Mecklenburg, vice president; Scott Hendee, second vice president; Paula Olson, secretary/treasurer; John Sommer, member; Ron Billy, member; Bryan Suh, member; Frank Beach, ex-officio member; and Peter Roche, past president. Miracle Mile Rockford is a growing group of business owners, managers, employees and residents who have been working together to revitalize the neighborhood that centers on East State Street from SwedishAmerican Hospital to Rockford College, north to Highcrest Road and south to Charles Street. … David White, financial adviser at Blackhawk Investment Group, an independent firm offering securities exclusively through Raymond James Financial Services Inc., was named a Rising Star in recognition of personal accomplishments in 2010. The award is presented to those who have been with the firm at least two full fiscal year periods and recognizes advisers who have achieved exceptional growth. … Shannen Falconer, of Winnebago, was named to the Indiana State University (ISU) Dean’s List for the fall 2010 semester. Falconer, a 2007 graduate of Winnebago High School, is an athletic training major at ISU. To be eligible for the Dean’s List at ISU, students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.