- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 2-8, 2011
Miracle Mile Rockford recently announced its board of directors for 2011. The new board of directors includes Tom Baudhuin, president; John Mecklenburg, vice president; Scott Hendee, second vice president; Paula Olson, secretary/treasurer; John Sommer, member; Ron Billy, member; Bryan Suh, member; Frank Beach, ex-officio member; and Peter Roche, past president. Miracle Mile Rockford is a growing group of business owners, managers, employees and residents who have been working together to revitalize the neighborhood that centers on East State Street from SwedishAmerican Hospital to Rockford College, north to Highcrest Road and south to Charles Street. … David White, financial adviser at Blackhawk Investment Group, an independent firm offering securities exclusively through Raymond James Financial Services Inc., was named a Rising Star in recognition of personal accomplishments in 2010. The award is presented to those who have been with the firm at least two full fiscal year periods and recognizes advisers who have achieved exceptional growth. … Shannen Falconer, of Winnebago, was named to the Indiana State University (ISU) Dean’s List for the fall 2010 semester. Falconer, a 2007 graduate of Winnebago High School, is an athletic training major at ISU. To be eligible for the Dean’s List at ISU, students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.