- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Habitat for Humanity seeks partner family
From press release
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2011. A partner family must meet the following requirements:
→ Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter
→ Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home
→ Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership
→ Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.