- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Habitat for Humanity seeks partner family
From press release
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2011. A partner family must meet the following requirements:
→ Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter
→ Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home
→ Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership
→ Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.