- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Habitat for Humanity seeks partner family
From press release
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2011. A partner family must meet the following requirements:
→ Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter
→ Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home
→ Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership
→ Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.