- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Habitat for Humanity seeks partner family
From press release
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2011. A partner family must meet the following requirements:
→ Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter
→ Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home
→ Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership
→ Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.