- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Habitat for Humanity seeks partner family
From press release
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County is seeking a partner family for 2011. A partner family must meet the following requirements:
→ Demonstrate a need for adequate shelter
→ Be willing to form a partnership with Habitat by keeping appointments, filling out paperwork accurately and on time, and performing at least 300 hours of sweat equity work on your home
→ Be a Boone County resident for a minimum of one year prior to applying for home ownership
→ Demonstrate the ability to pay monthly mortgage payments and meet other financial obligations.
To learn more about becoming a partner family, all interested parties are invited to attend an informal presentation from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Salvation Army Building at 422 S. Main St., Belvidere.
Habitat representatives will be available to answer all questions and assist everyone in filling out application forms.