- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Independence Village residents celebrate National Hat Day
From press release
Independence Village residents celebrated National Hat Day with great gusto Tuesday, Jan. 18. Participants donned their favorite hat throughout the day with hopes they would win a prize for the funniest hat, the prettiest hat or the most creative hat.
Residents were able to view each hat and then vote on their favorite in the three categories. While the votes were being tallied, participants enjoyed frozen yogurt and listened to interesting bits of hat trivia.
Soon, all the ballots were counted, and the winners of the National Hat Day contest were announced. Helen Clark won a prize for the funniest hat, Ruth Gyllin won the prettiest hat prize, and Beth Vowles was named the resident with the most creative hat. She was also awarded a prize.
These three winners were a bit amazed, but definitely elated over their winnings. By looking at the smiles on the residents’ faces, it seems they all enjoyed the activities at Independence Village that commemorated National Hat Day.
Independence Village of Rockford is a retirement community committed to making its residents’ senior years the best of their lives. Under the direction of the on-site managers, the Village staff works tirelessly to meet residents’ needs and exceed their expectations.
For more information about Independence Village, visit indvillage.com.