- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Independence Village residents celebrate National Hat Day
From press release
Independence Village residents celebrated National Hat Day with great gusto Tuesday, Jan. 18. Participants donned their favorite hat throughout the day with hopes they would win a prize for the funniest hat, the prettiest hat or the most creative hat.
Residents were able to view each hat and then vote on their favorite in the three categories. While the votes were being tallied, participants enjoyed frozen yogurt and listened to interesting bits of hat trivia.
Soon, all the ballots were counted, and the winners of the National Hat Day contest were announced. Helen Clark won a prize for the funniest hat, Ruth Gyllin won the prettiest hat prize, and Beth Vowles was named the resident with the most creative hat. She was also awarded a prize.
These three winners were a bit amazed, but definitely elated over their winnings. By looking at the smiles on the residents’ faces, it seems they all enjoyed the activities at Independence Village that commemorated National Hat Day.
Independence Village of Rockford is a retirement community committed to making its residents’ senior years the best of their lives. Under the direction of the on-site managers, the Village staff works tirelessly to meet residents’ needs and exceed their expectations.
For more information about Independence Village, visit indvillage.com.