- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Winnebago County opens new health facility Monday, Feb. 7
From press release
Monday, Feb. 7, Winnebago County and the Health Department will jointly open a new service location at 555 N. Court St., Rockford. This is a result of consolidating three separate Health Department service locations and merging those offices into the 555 N. Court St. facility.
“The acquisition and renovation of 555 N. Court St. has been a project in the works for over two years, said County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen. “I am pleased that Winnebago County will now have another service site for our citizens to receive multi-faceted health care. Mike Bacon and his staff at the Health Department do an excellent job assessing and meeting the health needs of our community.”
Health Department Public Health Administrator Mike Bacon said: “The newly-renovated space represents the first facility upgrade in over 32 years for local public health services. This location represents the Health Department’s continuing efforts to provide integrated health services to Winnebago County residents. It will provide a one-site source of related services, especially for maternal and child, health education and support. The Department is also sharing this facility with seven existing tenants.”
Health Department’s Community Relations and Marketing Manager Sue Fuller said: “The Department recognizes, as we go through this move, and for the next couple of months, the change of location may cause some confusion. Signage has been placed at the old service locations announcing the move and also includes a map as to where the new facility is located. The Department has also developed communication pieces regarding the move, and where health services are now being offered.”
The Health Department’s main office at 401 Division St. will continue services at that location as well. For more information, call the Health Department at (815) 720-4000 or visit the department’s website at www.wchd.org.