- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Chicago a cappella in concert at Court Street United Methodist Church Feb. 25
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present Chicago a cappella in concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. Special guest ensemble will be the Belvidere High School Choraliers. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students. Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off per ticket.
Chicago a cappella, one of the area’s most accomplished and innovative vocal ensembles, will present the program “Roll, Jordan, Roll: The Spiritual, Old and New,” a celebration of the grand power and sheer beauty of the African-American spiritual.
Chicago a cappella will present a free community outreach/master class at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. The outreach is open to high school, college and adult vocalists and choirs. During this outreach, Chicago a cappella will work with a guest high school choir to demonstrate listening skills, cooperative techniques, and how to sing without a director in a cappella singing. To register, call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail email@example.com.