- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Chicago a cappella in concert at Court Street United Methodist Church Feb. 25
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present Chicago a cappella in concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. Special guest ensemble will be the Belvidere High School Choraliers. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students. Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off per ticket.
Chicago a cappella, one of the area’s most accomplished and innovative vocal ensembles, will present the program “Roll, Jordan, Roll: The Spiritual, Old and New,” a celebration of the grand power and sheer beauty of the African-American spiritual.
Chicago a cappella will present a free community outreach/master class at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. The outreach is open to high school, college and adult vocalists and choirs. During this outreach, Chicago a cappella will work with a guest high school choir to demonstrate listening skills, cooperative techniques, and how to sing without a director in a cappella singing. To register, call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.