- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Chicago a cappella in concert at Court Street United Methodist Church Feb. 25
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present Chicago a cappella in concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. Special guest ensemble will be the Belvidere High School Choraliers. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students. Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off per ticket.
Chicago a cappella, one of the area’s most accomplished and innovative vocal ensembles, will present the program “Roll, Jordan, Roll: The Spiritual, Old and New,” a celebration of the grand power and sheer beauty of the African-American spiritual.
Chicago a cappella will present a free community outreach/master class at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. The outreach is open to high school, college and adult vocalists and choirs. During this outreach, Chicago a cappella will work with a guest high school choir to demonstrate listening skills, cooperative techniques, and how to sing without a director in a cappella singing. To register, call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail email@example.com.