- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Chicago a cappella in concert at Court Street United Methodist Church Feb. 25
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present Chicago a cappella in concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. Special guest ensemble will be the Belvidere High School Choraliers. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students. Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off per ticket.
Chicago a cappella, one of the area’s most accomplished and innovative vocal ensembles, will present the program “Roll, Jordan, Roll: The Spiritual, Old and New,” a celebration of the grand power and sheer beauty of the African-American spiritual.
Chicago a cappella will present a free community outreach/master class at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. The outreach is open to high school, college and adult vocalists and choirs. During this outreach, Chicago a cappella will work with a guest high school choir to demonstrate listening skills, cooperative techniques, and how to sing without a director in a cappella singing. To register, call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail email@example.com.