- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Chicago a cappella in concert at Court Street United Methodist Church Feb. 25
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present Chicago a cappella in concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St., Rockford. Special guest ensemble will be the Belvidere High School Choraliers. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students. Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off per ticket.
Chicago a cappella, one of the area’s most accomplished and innovative vocal ensembles, will present the program “Roll, Jordan, Roll: The Spiritual, Old and New,” a celebration of the grand power and sheer beauty of the African-American spiritual.
Chicago a cappella will present a free community outreach/master class at 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. The outreach is open to high school, college and adult vocalists and choirs. During this outreach, Chicago a cappella will work with a guest high school choir to demonstrate listening skills, cooperative techniques, and how to sing without a director in a cappella singing. To register, call (815) 964-9713 or e-mail email@example.com.