- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Chocolate Sundae Sunday set for Feb. 13
From press release
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 13.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.