- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
Chocolate Sundae Sunday set for Feb. 13
From press release
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 13.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.