- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Chocolate Sundae Sunday set for Feb. 13
From press release
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 13.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.