- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Chocolate Sundae Sunday set for Feb. 13
From press release
Chocolate and ice cream are all mixed up together for an afternoon of fun when Discovery Center hosts its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 13.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.