- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 9-15, 2011
The Rockford Area Realtors recently honored two members for accomplishments. Bob Nieman of RE/MAX Property Source won the Realtor Emeritus award for service to the real estate industry for 40 years. It exemplifies and signifies prominence in the industry. A.J. Kordash of Prudential Crosby Starck was honored as the 2010 Outstanding Individual of the Year. The recognition was awarded by the past presidents of the association to a recipient who demonstrates a high level of commitment in moving the association forward as indicated by its strategic plan. The recipient also must play a significant role in the association and be active within the community. … Paul Nicolosi, a principal of the Buckley Companies and a partner of Nicolosi & Associates, was promoted to vice chairman of the National League of Cities’ 2011 CityFutures Panel on Public Finance, after the appointment of Robert Broom to chairman. This panel works to identify challenges and potential solutions in creating a viable system of public finance for cities in the future. Buckley Companies and Nicolosi & Associates work independently and collaboratively to provide local governments with economic development services. The National League of Cities is the nation’s oldest and largest organization devoted to strengthening and promoting cities as centers of opportunity, leadership and governance.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.