- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Massbach Ridge Winery hosts Cabin Fever Open House Feb. 12
From press release
ELIZABETH, Ill.—While the grapevines sleep beneath the snow cover, Massbach Ridge Winery will be celebrating its Eighth Annual Cabin Fever Open House from noon to 5 p.m., Feb. 12, at 8837 S. Massbach Road, Elizabeth, Ill.
A $5 tasting fee will allow the excitement of tasting of Massbach’s fine wines. Local cheeses from Lime Rock Brown Swiss Cheese Company in Davis, Ill., and chocolates will help create “perfect pairings.”
Visitors will also enjoy the great camaraderie of fellow wine enthusiasts. This is a great opportunity to find which wines best suit a person’s taste, which is not something that can be done at the grocery store amid the sea of wine displays.
Regulars at Massbach Ridge Winery will be pleased to hear of the release of a new vintage of an old favorite. Ridge Red 2010 will be released and added to the list of dry reds boasting a smooth balance of oak and tannin with a plum finish.
The tasting room is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Other upcoming events include the Wine Lover’s Weekend, March 25-27, and Wine in Bloom, May 29.
Visit Massbach Ridge Winery online at massbachridge.com and look for the quick links to Facebook and Twitter.