- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Massbach Ridge Winery hosts Cabin Fever Open House Feb. 12
From press release
ELIZABETH, Ill.—While the grapevines sleep beneath the snow cover, Massbach Ridge Winery will be celebrating its Eighth Annual Cabin Fever Open House from noon to 5 p.m., Feb. 12, at 8837 S. Massbach Road, Elizabeth, Ill.
A $5 tasting fee will allow the excitement of tasting of Massbach’s fine wines. Local cheeses from Lime Rock Brown Swiss Cheese Company in Davis, Ill., and chocolates will help create “perfect pairings.”
Visitors will also enjoy the great camaraderie of fellow wine enthusiasts. This is a great opportunity to find which wines best suit a person’s taste, which is not something that can be done at the grocery store amid the sea of wine displays.
Regulars at Massbach Ridge Winery will be pleased to hear of the release of a new vintage of an old favorite. Ridge Red 2010 will be released and added to the list of dry reds boasting a smooth balance of oak and tannin with a plum finish.
The tasting room is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Other upcoming events include the Wine Lover’s Weekend, March 25-27, and Wine in Bloom, May 29.
Visit Massbach Ridge Winery online at massbachridge.com and look for the quick links to Facebook and Twitter.