- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Outdoor gear exchange store grand opening Feb. 12-13
From press release
Loves Park, Ill.—Very likely, everyone has some outdoor gear they’ve outgrown, don’t use, and don’t know what to do with.
Here’s your solution: Paddle and Trail is opening the Paddle and Trail Outdoor Gear Exchange at 7100 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park, Ill. The new store is just a block from Paddle and Trail’s full-service retail operation.
The Outdoor Gear Exchange store offers people the opportunity to turn used equipment into cash with a consignment arrangement, or to trade in used gear for new. The store will also give shoppers a place to purchase a variety of used outdoor gear, including a large quantity of used kayaks and canoes.
Paddle and Trail is celebrating the grand opening of the store with an Outdoor Gear Swap, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 12-13. Outdoor gear that will be accepted for resale are used kayaks, canoes, bikes, skis, racks, trailers, camping equipment, paddles, life preservers, and other related outdoor gear.
Paddle and Trail has also set up a “Give Back” program that gives the customer an opportunity to donate the proceeds from consignment sales at the Outdoor Gear Exchange to designated charities. Seventy-five percent of money earned by a donation will go to one of five charities and the other 25 percent will go to Paddle and Trail for consignment expenses. Paddle and Trail’s “Give Back” charities are Rockford Rescue Mission, Natural Land Institute, Friends of the Rock River, Severson Dells and Camp Rotamer.
Paddle and Trail operates one of Illinois’ largest paddlesport retail operations at 7212 N. Alpine, Loves Park, Ill. Their new product line includes outdoor gear and apparel such as Mountain Hard Wear, Patagonia, ExOfficio, Dagger, Perception, Wenonah, Mad River Canoes, Thule, Yakima, Keen and MSR.
Paddle and Trail has five locations to serve their customers: Paddle and Trail of Loves Park, 7212 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park, Ill.; Paddle and Trail Outdoor Gear Exchange, 7100 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park, Ill.; Paddle and Trail Rock River Rentals, 1040 N. Second St., Rockford; Paddle and Trail of Beloit, 110 W. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.; Paddle and Trail on Lake Koshkonong, 723 E. Ellendale Road, Edgerton, Wis. They also have an online store at www.paddleandtrail.com. For more information, call (815) 636-9066 or e-mail them at email@example.com.